Introducing LifeMade: Sustainable Disposables
Learn how LifeMade got its start, and why sustainability is a top priority for us
We’re thrilled to introduce LifeMade and our range of sustainable disposables to you. You may have seen LifeMade products recently popping up on retail shelves in cities across the USA. While the LifeMade brand made its debut only recently in 2020, what you may not know is that LifeMade has over a century of material science expertise, dating back to the 1880s when the Diamond Match Company was formed. We pioneered the first injection molding machines for kitchenware and developed the first ever disposable cooler. Through the years, we’ve continued to carry the torch as the number one market share leader in disposable cutlery, coolers and ice-substitutes. We’re proud to employ over 700 employees in 9 manufacturing facilities across the US today.
LifeMade employees at one of our 9 US manufacturing facilities.
Why we’re passionate about sustainability
We believe it’s our responsibility to use our leadership position, operational prowess and our heritage of innovation to evolve our industry into a no-compromise future —one where disposable products are as good for the earth as they are convenient and enjoyable to use. Through R&D and material innovation, our goal is to redefine ‘disposables’ from start to finish. With an industry-wide shift towards recyclable, biodegradable and compostable elements, disposable products can exist that have a minimal impact on the environment.
We also believe that our efforts in sustainability work best when everyone can participate. To that end, we strive to bring products to market without compromising performance and convenience. It should be just as easy to buy, enjoy, and dispose of all LifeMade products without harming the earth or compromising quality. Our products must be affordable and it must be easy for every customer to dispose of a product properly, so its ideal end of life state is realized.
LifeMade biodegradable straws and other sustainable disposables help families reduce plastic waste everyday.
Our brand promises to you
We hold to several promises to our customers:
- Designed to be awesome: Everything we produce meets the quality and performance standards you expect from plastic products while also being better for the earth.
- Convenient, at every step: Our products add no burden to your daily life — they’re easy to buy, to use, and to dispose of properly so you can lessen your impact without a second thought.
- Always innovating: With 15+ materials patents (and counting!), we’re literally inventing the future of disposable products so you never have to compromise between convenience and sustainability.
- Totally transparent: If we say compostable, we mean it! We don’t hide behind buzzwords or fine print — we build products that do what we promise.
- Accessible for all: LifeMade products are always affordable and truly sustainable across different end of life outcomes so that they work for everyone, whether you’ve got a home compost or just use curbside recycling.
Get the LifeMade lifestyle
Our first line of products include paper and biodegradable straws, recycled plastic cutlery, coolers made with biodegradable technology, and reusable ice-packs. We are also working on several exciting innovations in sustainable disposables that we can’t wait to share with you very soon!
If you haven’t had a chance to try LifeMade products, be sure to look out for them in local retail stores or online very soon. We’re excited to partner with you in reducing plastic waste and creating a brighter future for our planet.
Life. Made Better.
LifeMade is all about making life better through sustainable innovation and product experiences. Every step we take in this direction brings us closer to our vision of a no-compromise future — one where everyone has access to disposable products that are as good for the earth as they are convenient and enjoyable to use. As pioneers in our industry with a century’s worth of experience, it’s our responsibility to harness what we do best — materials innovation and production — for a better world. We’re inspired by the families that enjoy our products and committed to meaningful change.